I read a clip recently called "the awakening" by Denise Carroll. It stated adult just like it is and I feel I need to share a portion of it:
"A time comes in your life when you finally get it. When in the midst of all your fears and insanity you stop dead in your tracks and somewhere the voice inside your head cries out - ENOUGH!
Enough fighting and crying or struggling to hold on. And, like a child quieting down after a blind tantrum, your sobs begin to subside, you shudder one or twice, you blink back your tears and through a mantle of wet lashes you begin to look at the world through new eyes.
You bein to sift through all the crap you've been fed about how you should behave, how you should look and how much you should weigh and what you should wear and where you should shop and what you should drive, how and where you should live and what you should do for a living, who you should sleep with and who you should marry and what you should expect of a marriage, the importance of having and raising children or what you owe your parents.
You learn to open up to new worlds and different points of view. And you begin reassessing and redefining who you are and what you really stand for."
This is my time......right now. I worked in corporate America for a long time and at this point in my life, I think.....was it a dream? a nightmare? Because today, now---I'm more fulfilled than I have ever been. I am comfortable in my own skin and don't fucking care if I don't fit in to a certain "group". I am who I am, am comfortable with sharing my soul with the people that matter to me and I know that those people truly see me for who I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AWESOME!!! ...and I get to be the first one to add a comment. Welcome to Blogland. You'll find your stay here rather pleasant.
Hugs and kisses!
Post a Comment